|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Course objective example (Apply the knowledge and…)
Due: Session #
Pedagogical intent example (Learners communicate and interact for authentic purposes to meet personal goals.
Students learn about themselves and each other by revisiting their past experiences.)
Student position example (Students begin by analyzing aspects of their own childhood educational experiences in order to gain new insights about them- selves and how their culture has molded their teaching pedagogy. This will strengthen the connections they ultimately make with their students.)
- Using the following Categories, draw an artifact for each aspect of your education as a
- Myself-Was I privileged in my upbringing? If yes, how was I privileged? Was I advantaged by my culture, class, race, status, or economic situation?
- My parents-How did my parents contribute to my development? How did they assist me in my learning?
- My family-What was the pattern of communication in my family? What roles did various family members assume as I was growing up? What was the power structure in my family? How were decisions made? What were the explicit and implicit expectations in my family?
- My schools-How did my schools respond to my family? Were they welcoming? How did they involve my parents and fam- ily in school activities and decision-making? How did they support my learning? How did they communicate with my parents and family?
- My community-How did my community contribute to my development? Did my family or I benefit from membership in organizations within the community? If so, how? How were my family and I supported by community-based organizations? How did my family and I serve the community? How did my schools benefit from organizations and individuals within my community?
- Share one drawing with your group and explain its significance in your educational