HW 1.1: Journals
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Demonstrate how culture affects language development and academic achievement.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 8
Teachers can reflect on the learning activities in the session and explore ways to integrate the modeled strategies and content into their own pedagogy.
Teachers have participated in the first session of the ESL endorsement. They are now ready to reflect on the activities of the session and find ways to incorporate them into their own teaching.
- At the end of each session the facilitator will assign the participants to write in their journal addressing several questions. The journal will be turned in on the final session for the facilitator to review. The journal may also be used during group discussions on the following week. Bring your journal with you to class each week as you may be asked to refer to them during group discussions.
- For session one answer the following questions:
- Of the five belief statements, which one did you feel a personal connection to and why? Which one, if any, did you disagree with and why?
- Now that you have been introduced to the five standards of Inclusive Pedagogy, which one do you feel you are most familiar with and what evidence of the standard do you see in your classroom
- What is your over-all feeling of the endorsement thus far and what do you hope the endorsement will do for you?