HW 3.1: Teacher Reflection
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Demonstrate how culture affects language development and academic achievement.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 4
Teachers can reflect on the learning activities in the session and explore ways to integrate the modeled strategies and content into their own pedagogy.
Teachers have participated in the third session of the ESL endorsement. They are now ready to reflect on the activities of the session and find ways to incorporate them into their own teaching.
- At the end of each session the facilitator will assign the participants to write in their journal addressing several questions. The journal will be turned in on the final session for the facilitator to review. The journal may also be used during group discussions on the following week. Bring your journal with you to class each week as you may be asked to refer to them during group discussions.
- For session three answer the following questions:
- How can looking at language through multiple perspectives influence you as a teacher?
- How can a perspective of Deficit Theory affect your classroom and what are some things you can do to overcome Deficit Theory?
- How can you use Funds of Knowledge to enhance your classroom instruction?