HW 4.1: Teacher Reflection
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Teacher reflection and improvement.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 8
Teachers can reflect on the learning activities in the session and explore ways to integrate the modeled strategies and content into their own pedagogy.
Teachers have participated in the fourth session of the ESL endorsement. They are now ready to reflect on the activities of the session and find ways to incorporate them into their own teaching.
- At the end of each session the facilitator will assign the participants to write in their journal addressing several questions. The journal will be turned in on the final session for the facilitator to review. The journal may also be used during group discussions on the following week. Bring your journal with you to class each week as they may be asked to refer to them during group discussions.
- For session four answer the following questions:
- What are some of the changing demographics you have noticed in your community over the past 5-10 years?
- What were your over-all thoughts from the article “Poverty PhDs”?
- What were the biggest surprises as you studied the legalities of providing quality education to ELs?