HW 7.1: Teacher Reflection
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Understand and apply knowledge of how cultural identities impact language learning and school success by creating an environment that is inclusive of all students.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 8
|Teachers can reflect on the learning activities in the session and explore ways to integrate the modeled strategies and content into their own pedagogy||
Teachers have participated in the sixth session of the ESL endorsement. They are now ready to reflect on the activities of the session and find ways to incorporate them into their own teaching.
- What action have you taken, practices you have tried, or ideas you have changed during this course? Begin with your experience, your wonder (questions) or the new idea that lead to your change and then include each of the elements of the Reflection Model: personal voice (I), description of an experience, link to knowledge, questions raised. Allow yourself to reveal your emotion. Review the documents linked to support you in your reflection.
- Some helps include thinking about what event either before, during, or after some action you took in teaching sticks in your mind. Think about based on this session --What did you learn, unlearn, and relearn this week?
- Be sure to submit to your facilitator through e-mail or the course management system.
- REMEMBER: In HW 1. 5 you reviewed the guidelines for the final project. As you reflect this week, did you have an aha is available as you construct your final portfolio in this session.
- This final project is due next week; so you might review your reflections and reconsider your learning.