LA 2.5: Articulating Classroom Issues of Cultural Misinterpretation
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Interpret the historical context of diversity and discrimination and evaluate how it impacts current practices.
Assessment: 25 pts.
TA: 60 Minutes
Teachers can use new vocabulary in meaningful and relevant ways to have a group discussion about issues of cultural misinterpretation in their classrooms.
|Students have read the articles on culture, and used the vocabulary to discuss different issues of culture in their classrooms. They have also watched a video on cultural misinterpretations. They are now prepared to participate in a group discussion on cultural misinterpretations using new vocabulary.|
- Form table groups of 4-5 participants.
- Watch video segment 2.1, taking notes on the viewing guide.
- Tables will now be given 5-7 minutes to discuss what they learned about cultural misinterpretations from the video segment (VS 2.1) using the vocabulary terms from the interactive glossary (HW 1.3).
- A designated person at each table will keep a record of the vocabulary terms used on the score card each word can be scored a maximum of three times. Words must be used correctly in a sentence.
- The facilitator will lead a whole class discussion asking for thoughts/ideas from the tables.