LA 8.3: Revisiting Course Survey
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Communicate a personal acceptance of and acknowledge the dynamics of culture in the lives of all students.
Assessment: 25 pts.
TA: 30 Minutes
Teachers can see how their thinking regarding how to teach English learners has changed from the start of the course. This will help them as they move forward in the continuing courses.
Students completed a course survey at the beginning of the course. They have completed the course activities and interacted with the course curriculum. They are now prepared to compare their responses from the first survey to how they would respond today.
- Complete the survey for the end of the course.
- The facilitator will give you the survey you took at the beginning of the course.
- Look at your responses on that survey. Consider what you have learned in the course and how you assessed yourself weeks ago.
- Compare your initial survey to how your response today has changed. Mark in a different color where you would place yourself today. Then ask yourself the following questions:
- Which of your answers are different from the beginning of the course to end
- Which of your answers are the same?
- Which of the items on the survey have increased in complexity to you?
- Which of the items on the survey have decreased in complexity to you?
- At your table, discuss your answers to the above questions. Ask each other questions about your growth as a result of taking the course.
- Participate in the class discussion as lead by the instructor.