Homework 2.2: Observing Standards for Effective Pedagogy Teaching (Language & Literacy Development)
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Demonstrate knowledge and use of the Utah English Language Proficiency Standards in selection of programs,practices and strategies related to planning, implementing, and managing ESL and content instruction, including classroom, organization,teaching strategies for development and integrating language skills, and choosing and adapting classroom resources
Assessment: 50 pts.
|Through watching media cases that focus on a particulat Standard for Effective Pedagogy, participants will be ready to enact best practices as they begin teaching.||Students have been introduced to theories and practices that support ELs in acquiring English. They are prepared to learn principles and tools that guide them in teaching content and language together.|
1. For this week you will observe the Language and Literacy Development (LLD) study. We have linked two documents for each media case. The first link is to eh outline of the case and the other is a worksheet to record your observation notes.
- Shari Galarza: The outline is linked here. The worksheet is linked here.
- Lucia Villerrela: The outline is linked here. The worksheet is linked here.
- Craig Cleveland: The outline is linked here. The worksheet is linked here.
- Mara Mills: The outline is linked here. The worksheet is linked here.
2. Begin watching by clicking on the Language and Literacy Development (LLD) study on the second prompt. Record your observations on the worksheet.
3. Then listen to each of the perspectives that are listed at the top of the screen. Make comments about what you learned from the perspectives in third column on the worksheet.
4. At the bottom, after watching all the clips and reading all the perspectives list three Aha's (insights) you reached from engaging with the media case.