The Rights and Responsibilities of Citizens
Snapshot of Topic 4
What is the role of the individual in maintaining a healthy democracy?
- Becoming a Citizen
- Rights and Responsibilities of Citizens and Non-Citizens
- Civic, Political and Private Life
- Fundamental Principles and Values of American Political and Civic Life
- Citizen Participation
- Election Information
- Leadership and the Qualities of Good Leaders
- Cooperation between Individuals and Leaders
- Public Service as a Career
- Liberty in Conflict with Equality or Authority
- Political Courage
- The Role of Political Protest
- Public and Private Interest Groups
Topic 4: The Rights and Responsibilities of Citizens
Topic 4 explores the rights and responsibilities of citizens in our democracy. It consists of 13 standards ranging from how to become a citizen to the different ways that each of us can actively participate in political and civic life through voting, public service, political protest, and membership in public and private interest groups.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality