LA 8.1 My Learning Presentation
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Demonstrate knowledge and use of a variety of on-going, classroom-based assessments adapted to student needs.
Assessment: 100 pts.
TA: 100 Minutes
Teachers can improve access to curriculum for English Language Learners as they gain information about their students and apply learning about assessments and assessing from the course to individuals in their classrooms.
Students have developed a report of their learning from the assessment course. They will do presentations in two different groups and give feedback to other presentations.
- Your class will be divided into groups of 4 people seated around tables. The facilitator will keep time for the class as presentations are given. Each person will fill out the Response Form to list their individual Ahas. Record insights you gained from your fellow teachers' presentations. Enter one Aha for each person.
- During round one, you will have 8 minutes to give your oral presentation.
- Following each presentation, three minutes are allotted for questions and discussion.
- For round two, your original group will scatter to the other tables and repeat the activities of round one with all new people.
- As you listen to other teachers, continue filling in the form recording your Ahas for each teacher who presents.
- For round three (there may not be time for this final round), your group will scatter to other tables and repeat the activities of the earlier rounds with all new people. Continue filling out the report form.
- Both your final project and the form for ahas you filled out will be turned in to the facilitator today,
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality