Identify a research question you'd like to answer by collecting a large amount of data from the Internet. Then, generate a Google Sheet or Microsoft Excel spreadsheet of a set of Internet data from one or more sites or from an API. Once you have collected the data, use the spreadsheet to recode and manipulate the data to answer your research question.
To successfully complete this project, you must do the following:
- Include at least 1,000 lines of initial data.
- Parse and structure the data appropriately to answer your question.
- Provide additional analysis in the spreadsheet and an answer to your question.
- Disclose how (if at all) you used AI.
Example Research Questions
You may ask any question you like, as long as it is answerable using internet data. Some examples might include the following:
- What trends exist for research articles published on the topic of open education?
- What external domains does a website link to?
- What percentage of images on a school's website have an appropriate alt attribute?
- How does the sentence complexity in a Jane Austen novel compare to modern novels?
- What is the frequency of feminine and masculine pronoun use in classical literature?