Follow APA guidelines
Follow APA guidelines. If not specified, refer to Merriam-Webster online dictionary.
When creating links, set to open link in new window.
Each callout box should have it's own color:
- Default: Editor Notes
- Objectives: Learning objectives
- Information: extra/supplemental matierals for students to access if they want to learn more about a topic, stories, examples
- Exercises: reflection or application exercises for students
Each chapter should have the following callout boxes, if possible:
- Learning Check: multiple choice or T/F questions that test a student's retention
- Think About It!: open-ended questions that test a student's comprehension
- LIDT In The World: case-based callout box that tests a student's application
Callout boxes should be assigned the following colors:
- Think About It!: #f4e4f0
- LIDT in the World: #f4e4f0
- Learning Checks: #f4e4f0
- Learn More: #c2e6eb
- Editor's Note: default gray
- Author's Note: default gray
The code should look something like this:
- <h3 id="H3_nnvf1" style= "background-color: #[hex code goes here];"> [callout box title goes here]</h3>
Set header to "heading 2"
Follow APA footnote guidelines and use superscript
All figures set to "centered"
If pulled directly from Openstax and that source does not attribute a specific photographer or creator, include the following at the end of the caption (do not nest in parentheses): Image available in original Openstax chapter.
Bold Figure 1., no italics
Body font size: 12 pt
Body font type: Ariel
Header font type: Ariel (bold? EdTech automatically formats the headers for me)
Text Color: Black
Level 1: closed circle
Level 2: open circle
Level 3 and on: closed square
CC-BY but chapter overrides this book license
Terms are lower-case unless proper nouns.
Definitions are not complete sentences and do not contain periods.
- See Openstax in-text citations for example.
Multiple versions of the same definition are to be separated by a semicolon.
Pop-up boxes are to appear for the first usage of the term.
Terms with pop-up boxes are to be bolded.
Embedding YouTube Videos
Always embed in callout box.
Provide descriptive text for the thumbnail image.
Enable caption under video embed and include citation in caption.
Textbox Background Color