HyFlex Videos and Resources
HyFlex in Adult Education Video Playlist
This YouTube playlist includes videos that show adult education teachers and learners in a classroom. The following videos are available in the playlist.
- Engaging all learners in a HyFlex Class
- Daily Technology Set up for Your HyFlex Class
- Using an Online Assessment Tool in a HyFlex Class
- HyFlex Classroom Technology Tour - Pima Community College
- HyFlex Classroom Technology Tour - Hubbs Center
EdTech Center HyFlex Webinar Resources and Resources
HyFlex Model in Adult Ed: Tips on Technologies & Strategies EdTech Strategy Session
In this session, the EdTech Center’s Jen Vanek briefly introduced key characteristics of the HyFlex model; then, two Arizona practitioners shared tips for implementation. Jennifer Duclos from Mesa Adult Education shared strategies for supporting learner engagement, and David Howden of Arizona Center for Youth Resources described the technologies needed to implement Hyflex courses.
- Watch the full recording here.
- View the slides here.
- Watch Lightning Talk #1 (Technologies to Implement HyFlex Courses) here.
- Watch Lightning Talk #2 (Strategies for Supporting Learner Engagement) here.
Effective Strategies for Learning: HyFlex Overview
This one-pager for practitioners provides an overview of HyFlex as an effective strategy for remote learning. This resource also connects HyFlex to a larger remote ESOL ecosystem, and provides considerations for programs who are considering implementing the model.
EdTech Center Blog Articles
- Considering Use of the Hybrid Flexible Model in Adult Education
- HyFlex Instruction: Hardware to Support Implementation in Adult Education by David Rosen
- Building on a Pilot: HyFlex ESOL Class at Pima Community College by Vi Hawes
The Flex Models Google Group
The Flex Models Google Group is a national community of practice focused on preparing, piloting, and implementing HyFlex and BlendFlex models in adult foundational (pre-college) education. The online group is hosted by David J. Rosen, a co-author of this guide. If you are actively planning, piloting or implementing a HyFlex or BlendFlex model class or program and would like to join this group, contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project IDEAL Consortium Professional Development
The EdTech Center @ World Education is piloting professional development using this guide, providing presentations, and technical assistance for Project IDEAL Consortium states. For more information, contact Jen Vanek at email@example.com or Jamie Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CC BY-NC-SA: This work is released under a CC BY-NC-SA license, which means that you are free to do with it as you please as long as you (1) properly attribute it, (2) do not use it for commercial gain, and (3) share any subsequent works under the same or a similar license.