About This Series
This series is a guide to blended teaching in K-12 classrooms. It is a follow-up to The K-12 Blended Teaching: A Guide to Personalized Learning and Online Integration (Volume 1).
The purpose of this series is to provide rich examples of four key blended teaching competencies from a disciplinary perspective. Volume 2 is an introduction to the series and the discipline-specific book editions within the series. The image on the cover represents the four core competenices introduced in Volume 1 as roots that feed the disciplinary branches of the tree. The four competencies are essential to blended teaching in all the disciplines though often implementation of the competencies looks different across disciplines.
Each book within the series focuses on blended teaching examples within a different teaching discipline. Below are examples of what a few of the discipline specific editions of the series look like.
The first three chapters of each book in the series are the same and provide definitions and an overview of the blended teaching framework. Subsequent chapters are organized into sections that focus on blended teaching in the specific discipline. Each series edition has the following discipline-specific chapters:
- Introductions – Video introductions to the model teachers who will share video examples throughout the section.
- Why Blend? – Descriptions from the model teachers about why they chose to try blended learning in their classrooms.
- Online Integration and Management – Examples of how to effectively combine online instruction with in-person instruction.
- Online Interaction – Examples of how to facilitate online interactions with and between students.
- Data Practices – Examples of how to use digital tools to monitor student activity and performance in order to guide student growth.
- Personalizing Instruction – Examples of how to implement a learning environment that allows for student customization of goals, pace, and/or learning path.
CC BY: This work is released under a CC BY license, which means that you are free to do with it as you please as long as you properly attribute it.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality