Integrating Content and Language Instruction
HW 5.1 Reflection on My Practice in Developing ELs Content and Language Proficiency
Creating Joint Productive Activities (JPA).
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Employ a variety of strategies, materials and resources in standards-based ESL and content instruction
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 6
Through observing and learning about the teaching practice of a teacher in relationship to one of the Standards for Effective Pedagogy, the teacher can enact the standard in his or her own teaching.
Students have learned about how to teach second language learners and promote their language and literacy development. They are now ready to consider how they can differentiate their instruction through the use of the Standards for Effective Pedagogy.
- Last week you watched a VideoEthnography that taught you about Joint Productive Activities.
- Identify an activity where you already engage students in joint productive activities or which you could modify to better engage students in interacting and collaborating in their learning.
- Using I (your personal voice) describe your experience this week in creating a joint poductive experience in a lesson. Provide details. Think about your students and your own actions and responses (including learning) in your account.
- Connect your description to what you learned from the video or perspectives.
- Use your AHA to further develop your thinking and raise new questions for your practice.
- Submit your reflection and be prepared to talk about your learning in class.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality