HW 7.1 Reflection on My Practice in Developing ELs Content and Language Proficiency
Reflecting on My Development as a Teacher.
Employ a variety of strategies, materials and resources in standards-based ESL and content instruction
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 8
Through observing and learning about the teaching practice of a teacher in relationship to one of the Standards for Effective Pedagogy, the teacher can enact the standard in his or her own teaching.
Students have learned about how to teach second language learners and promote their language and literacy development. They are now ready to consider how they can differentiate their instruction through the use of the Standards for Effective Pedagogy.
- You have been adjusting your teaching practice for at least one activity each week and included attention to a Standard for Effective Pedagogy during this course. You have learned about Sheltered Instruction (SIOP) through reading Making Content Comprehensible and have developed an MSDLA (multiple, simultaneous, diverse, learning activity) project.
- Reflect on a successful teaching experience you have had with an ELL in your work. Using I (personal voice), describe the experience and provide details.
- Now think about what you have learned across the endorsement and connect your learning to that experience.
- Raise questions and wonders about teaching ELLs and your teaching as you have worked to provide a strong learning experience for your students and/or your development as a teacher.
- Submit your reflection and be prepared to share with your colleagues.