HW 5.2 Learning Teaching through Multi-media Cases and Expert Perspectives
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Demonstrate knowledge and use of the Utah English Language Proficiency Standards in selection of programs ,practices and strategies related to planning, implementing, and managing ESL and content instruction, including classroom, organization, teaching strategies for development and integrating language skills, and choosing and adapting classroom resources.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 6
Through watching videos and listening to analysis of them, teachers will be able to understand and employ the Standards for Effective Pedagogy in their own teaching.
Students have learned about each of the conceptual tools utilized in the endorsement program. They are now ready to observe, learn from and critique teachers acting on these tools in their regular classroom practice.
- For this activity you will view the VideoEthnography you have chosen and respond on the worksheet linked below. The directions and the link to the VideoEthnography are on the worksheet.
- You will use the Instructional Conversation (IC) worksheet to record your learning based on which VideoEthnography you have selected to study.
- Notice there are two columns to report your findings. One to note your observations of the study and one to note the ideas you draw from listening to or reading all of the perspectives for each prompt. Finally under the chart your will record and be prepared to share next time three Ahas in relationship to your own practice.
- Click on the teacher you have chosen and it will take you to the worksheet and an overview of the entire case.
- Shari Galarza (Preschool/Kindergarten Study)
- Lucia Villarreal (Elementary Bilingual Classroom Study)
- Craig Cleveland (High School Social Studies Study)
- Mara Mills (High School Biology Study)
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality