Demonstrate knowledge of and use of practices and strategies related to planning, implementing, and managing ESL and content instruction.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due Session 8
Teachers create postiive and powerful learning experiences for ELs by using MSDLAs in their practice.
Students have experienced MSDLAs as learners and are working to develop MSDLAs for their own students they teach. During this week, they will implement their MSDLAs in their own classroom setting.
1. Students have completed their creation of MSDLAs and are ready to implement them in their classroom.
2. Create time in your weekly schedule to enact your centers with your students and notice student reaction to participating in a class using centers.
3. If there isn't time this week to do the full MSDLAs, work to enact one or two of the centers you created so you can see the results with your own students.
4. Reflect on this experience and the positives about using MSDLAs.
1. In session 8, you will be assigned groups to share your MSDLAs, including the five centers and the opening and closing activities. Be sure to bring what you need to share (make a power point, have a handout, or bring materials to share).
2. You will each have 10-15 minutes to do this.