Create a Duplicate Table From An Existing Table
Create a Duplicate Table from an Existing Table with a Select Statement
- It is often helpful to create a duplicate table from an existing table for testing purposes
- You can combine the CREATE TABLE command with a select statement to create a duplicate of a table structure as well as the data in the table.
1 USE world;
2 CREATE TABLE city_bak AS SELECT * FROM city;
- Select world as the default schema
CREATE TABLE city_bak AS SELECT * FROM city;
- Create a new table named city_bak with the exact same structure as the city table.
- Copy all of the data from the city table to the city_bak table