Learning MySQL By Example
Create a Duplicate Table From An Existing Table
Create a Duplicate Table from an Existing Table with a Select Statement
- It is often helpful to create a duplicate table from an existing table for testing purposes
- You can combine the CREATE TABLE command with a select statement to create a duplicate of a table structure as well as the data in the table.
1 USE world;
2 CREATE TABLE city_bak AS SELECT * FROM city;
- Select world as the default schema
CREATE TABLE city_bak AS SELECT * FROM city;
- Create a new table named city_bak with the exact same structure as the city table.
- Copy all of the data from the city table to the city_bak table
CC BY-NC-ND International 4.0: This work is released under a CC BY-NC-ND International 4.0 license, which means that you are free to do with it as you please as long as you (1) properly attribute it, (2) do not use it for commercial gain, and (3) do not create derivative works.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality