Views That Allow UPDATE Statements
Creating Views That Can Be Used With an UPDATE Statement
- There are some restrictions to creating a VIEW if you want to be able to run an UPDATE statement against it.
- SELECT list cannot include a DISTINCT clause.
- SELECT list cannot contain aggregate functions (SUM, COUNT, MIN, MAX, AVG, COUNT(*))
- SELECT statement cannot use GROUP BY or HAVING. The VIEW cannot include a UNION operator.
- If you use any of the restricted statements, your view will be read-only.
CC BY-NC-ND International 4.0: This work is released under a CC BY-NC-ND International 4.0 license, which means that you are free to do with it as you please as long as you (1) properly attribute it, (2) do not use it for commercial gain, and (3) do not create derivative works.