The DELETE Clause
- You can delete single or multiple columns with a single statement.
- You can use a subquery or a WHERE clause with a DELETE statement.
- By default MySQL is in safe update mode which prevents coding a delete statement without a WHERE clause.
1 USE world;
3 FROM city
4 WHERE name = 'san felipe' AND countrycode = 'chl';
- You begin a delete statement with the DELETE clause.
- You must specify the table from which you are deleting rows.
WHERE name = 'san felipe' AND countrycode = 'chl';
- You should use a WHERE clause with a DELETE statement to avoid deleting every row in a table.