Playposit is a interactive web-based video platform that allows educators to conduct formative assessments both inside and outside the classroom. Teachers are able to embed questions and prompts into videos from Youtube, Vimeo, Khan Academy, and other popular video platforms. Data can then be analyzed - providing powerful insight into educational trends in the classroom.
|Price||Free, limited. Pro: $144/year|
|Ease of Use||★★★★☆|
Playposit Overview Video
Playposit & the SAMR Model
- Substitution: Students use Playposit to submit their answers online rather than on paper.
- Augmentation: Students take note on additional visual cues in order to provide a more comprehensive assessment for technical execution.
- Modification: Student upload their own videos for annotation by the educator.
- Redefinition: Students create their own Playposit videos and quizzes to quiz each other on important information found in their own videos.
Playposit Tutorial Using Playposit
Tap on the image below to view the Playposit tutorial:
Ask students to identify the everyday math in a scene from a YouTube video.
Invite students to respond to prompts as they watch a Ted-Ed Climate Change video.
Embed a series of open-ended prompts in a Crash Course History video.
How to Use Playposit
- Go to www.playposit.com
- Sign Up and register for an account through your preferred use account portal
- Create a new class/section
- Fill out profile
- Select New Bulb
- Past URL and add questions
Sherifi, D., & Hills, S. (2021, March). Improving engagement through a Playposit guided course project. In One Week International Conference On Global Collaborations in Science, Technology, Education, Mathematics & Humanities (STEM) to Advance the Frontiers of Knowledge & (p. 43).
This page was created by Jeromie Whalen.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality