Read the article at https://edtechbooks.org/-EQzq
This license is more extensive than the BSD and MIT licenses, with some interesting considerations, such as patents and trademarks. One quarter of Google code projects boast Apache licenses, including Android OS.
- Doesn’t require derivative work to be distributed using the same licenses.
- Does require that all unmodified parts must have their original license.
- Whenever code is changed a notice must be included. This notice cannot modify the license.
- Why would a person choose the Apache License over MIT, BSD or GPL?
- How is the Apache License different from the MIT, BSD and GPL licenses?
Free Software Foundation. (2014) https://edtechbooks.org/-eABG
Berkeley Software Distribution. (2014) https://edtechbooks.org/-HVhd
MIT License. (2014) https://edtechbooks.org/-Zxv
CC BY: This work is released under a CC BY license, which means that you are free to do with it as you please as long as you properly attribute it.