An Open Education Reader
Read the article at https://edtechbooks.org/-Zxv
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology has their own version of an “as-is” software license. This license grants permission to the user free of charge to use and reuse their material/software in any way they see fit.
- Permits reuse within proprietary software as long as copies of the licensed software include a copy of the MIT license terms and copyright notice.
- Proprietary software stays proprietary.
- Explicitly states the rights of the user.
- Why would a person choose the MIT license over BSD or GPL?
- How does the MIT License differentiate itself from BSD and GPL?
Free Software Foundation (2014) https://edtechbooks.org/-eABG
Berkeley Software Distribution (2014) https://edtechbooks.org/-HVhd
CC BY: This work is released under a CC BY license, which means that you are free to do with it as you please as long as you properly attribute it.