HW 3.2: Family Profile Major Assignment
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Demonstrate knowledge of how to use family and community members as a resource in learning.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 6
Teachers can use their learning about one family and apply this learning into new teaching practices and strategies to enable student learning and to help the family assist in their child’s education.
Students have made the first visit with the student's family they are studying. They prepare and do the second visit to the family they are profiling and cntinue to learn more family funds of knowledge. This prepares them to complete the assignment for the family profile. Now they will work to complete the written part of the profile assignment.
- Complete your second visit with the family you are profiling.
- Using the links here, review the items in the Family Profile Project (and the rubric) to be sure you understand what information is needed to complete the assignment.
- As you construct your documents, remember to change the child’s and family’s real names for privacy.
- Finish the written work necessary to complete your Family Profile of the family and student you chose. It is due in session 6.
- Remember to create a visual (photo, drawing, family sign, funds of knowledge, etc.) that you will use to share your profile with classmates.
- The sooner this assignment is finished, the sooner you can work on the remaining two major assignments.