LA 1.6: Major Course Assignments
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Employ strategies to empower parents/families to participate in their child’s education.
Assessment: 25 pts.
TA: 10 Minutes
Teachers can complete the major assignments as practice for doing family and student profiles, creating partnership plans, and advocating for ELs and their families as part of their practice.
Students have begun the Parent and Family course with activities in the first session. They will now be introduced to the three major assignments of the course and come next week with questions they need answered.
1. The facilitator will briefly introduce you to the three major projects for this course. Click on the links to access the documents.
- The Family Profile: Instructions and Rubric
- The Partnership Plan: Instructions and Rubric
- The Advocacy Position Paper and Presentation: Instructions and Scoring Guide
2. You will review over the next week each of the assignments. Write down questions you have for each assignment and bring your questions with you next week to get answers.