LA 2.1: VideoEthnography Student Share
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Communicate a personal acceptance of and acknowledge the dynamics of culture in the lives of all students.
Assessment: 25 pts.
TA: 30 Minutes
Teachers will be able to gather the informtion they need from home visits to better engage with a child and his/her family and make connections with the family, the child, and the community.
Students have taken notes on a VideoEthnography student and will work with others who learned about the same student to create a visual to explain this student to the rest of the class.
- Meet in a group of no more than three other students. Everyone in your group should have studied the same VideoEthnography student you studied. (We know there are only three students but we want all of you have a chance to create a representation capturing the life of a student. So we know there will be more than one poster of each child.) You need to discuss what you learned about this student, the family, community, and the teacher.
- Share and then compile your understandings about the different aspects of this child’s and family’s life in this country.
- Discuss your learnings about this student. Then create a visual to tell this child's story with the materials needed.
- After you post your VideoEthnography, you will engage in a Gallery Walk and review the other posters of this same student.
- Then look at the visuals for the other two students. Notice the differences in the various representations of the same child.
- Now the teacher will engage you in a discussion of what you learned.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality