LA 4.1: Studying Students
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Employ strategies to empower parents/families to participate in their child’s education.
Assessment: 25 pts.
TA: 30 Minutes
Teachers can create partnership plans for their own students, families, and communities to empower families to participate in assisting in their child’s schooling.
Students have jointly learned about a family and student on the VideoEthnography. They have also read examples of partnership plans. They will now work with others who studied the same student to create a partnership plan that would assist this student and/or family if it were used in practice.
- Form groups according to the VideoEothnography student you studied in HW 1.3. (Vanessa Gomez, Ascuncion Valdez, or Xuan Machado).
- Consider what you know about this student, their family, and the community, and brainstorm ideas for a partnership plan that would benefit this child. Use the directions you will use to develop the plan for your final project (found at this link--Partnership Plan Instructions) to guide you in developing and organizing the plan your group develops.
- Then use chart paper to outline what you would suggest, how it would work, and the details as to who is involved.
- Your group will use this chart to share the particiulars of your plan for your student with the whole group.
- After your presentation, respond to the questions of your colleagues and ask for ideas about how you could improve the plan.