LA 6.1: Sharing the Family Profile Assignment
Learning from Each Others' Experience
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Evaluate, select, and advocate for applicable models of family and community involvement and support
Assessment: 25 pts.
TA: 45 Minutes
Teachers can make home visits a common practice in their work with family and students to create strong relationships with families that will lead to families supporting their children in learning.
Students have completed two visits to the family of a student they teach. They have learned the family funds of knowledge and will present this family to classmates.
- The facilitator will arrange the class into groups of 3 family profiles, as some profiles may have been completed with two teachers working together.
- Each table has a stack of census forms (You can also find one by clicking on the Census Form here).
- Each listener will fill out a census form for the family(ies) they are hearing about.
- After each share, listeners will use the census forms to ask questions and give feedback about the student and family.
- Give the census form, with your name on it, to the teacher who shared, and they will be handed in to the facilitator along with the Family Profile.
- Each profile shared should take 10 minutes to present, and questions and feedback should take 3-5 minutes.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality