Plugins add functionality to your site. You want to have the least number of plugins to provide the functionality that you want. Plugins are powerful and can add a lot of functionality to your site, however, they can significantly slow the performance of your website. Disable plugins that you do not need.
You might be interested in the following plugins:
- Fonts Plugin | Google Fonts Typography - This plugin allows you to use Google fonts on your site. In addition, it uses the customizer, allowing you to access customizer features like creating menus and adding CSS to your site.
- Spectra - This plugin gives you access to a collection of additional blocks for coding your site.
- Akismet - This plugin helps reduce spam comments on your site. It also will reduce spam in your contact form.
- Jetpack - This connects your site to WordPress.com. It gives you access to features such as statistics, social sharing, etc that are provided by WordPress. It also allows you to monitor your site and will inform you if your site is down.
- Site Kit by Google - If you use Google Analytics, this is a great plugin to quickly connect your site to the Google sphere.
- H5P - This plugin includes a lot of eLearning tools. You may want to use H5P to create some eLearning content.
- W3 Total Cache - This plugin allows you to setup site caching which significantly improves the speed of your site.