List of Support Materials:
1. The Works in Progress Document (this is optional but allows you to record your explanations and things you might want to remember as you put together your final MSDLA documents). The WIP is found here.
2. Selecting and Teaching Vocabulary: Facts about Vocabulary, Teachings from the TELL courses about Vocabulary Learning, Video from the Literacy Course (TELL 430), linked here. Remember you will scroll down to the video segment for session 7).
2. TELL Tools: This link will take you to an open access, online text that contains the TOOLs and explantions of them which you have used several times in the course.
- Inclusive Pedgagy: This framework will guide you identifying information for the Student Position. The front of the tool includes the questions to ask to guide your global thinking about the child. On the back you will find more in depth thinking and questioning.
- Standards for Effective Pedagogy: The tool lists each of the standards with definitions. The explanation includes the indicators for each standard and the article about the five standards by Roland Tharp.
- A Theory of Instruction for Teaching ELs: Communication, Pattern, and Variability
- Assessment Literacy: Concepts, Principles, Checklist, and Strategies
- Literacy Guidelines for ELs
- The SIOP Protocol
- Framework for Family, Community & School Partnerships
3. Desigining Activities: These links will take you to descriptions of teaching strategies and assessment strategies you might use for your activities
4. Directions for constructing rubrics: For the informal assessments you use in the various activities you will want to construct checklists or rubrics the teachers can use to evaluate the work. Directions for constructing a rubric can be found at this link or this YouTube Video (https://equitypress.org/-MCVA)
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality