|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Apply knowledge and skills to construct learning environments that support development of English language proficiency: literacy, academic, and cognitive development.
Due: Session #
Teachers can identify places where students' need support to understand texts.
Students have learnded about supporting the development of academic language, Literacy guidelines for ELs, and developing literacy focused classrooms. They are now ready to gather resources to apply in revising a lesson.
1. In this lesson you will review commprehension and assessment teaching strategies as well as additional guidance in attending to test structures. As you consider these materials, seek to determine where you might use them as you revise your unit plan. Remember to think specifically about how the strategies you identify can support the ELs you developed profiles of.
2. Begin with reviewing the Assessment Marketplace you were introduced to in the Assessment course using the assessment record sheet for notes.
2. Begin with reviewing the Comprehensiont Marketplace using the comprehension record sheet for notes.
3. Now look at the information on attending to text structure to support student understanding.
4. Bring these documents with your plan to Session 5.