Developing Second Language Literacy
HW 5.3 Writing Instruction Guidelines
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Employ theories of first and second language acquisition in teaching literacy and content area subjects.
Due: Session #
Teachers can include the ideas about writing as a text, writing as a process, and writing as a social context in their thinking when designing and creating writing assignments.
Teachers have learned about teaching academic language and reading comprehension to ELLs. They will now focus on understanding concepts about how to build ELL literacy skills through writing instruction.
- For this homework you will watch a video on EL Writing Development.
- To access the first video click on this video link.
- This takes you to the screen where you have watched videos for the assessment course.
- Scroll down to where it says "6.1 Second Language Writing Development". To the right, there are a list of videos to watch for this assignment. Click on the first one that is labeled "Writing".
- Scroll to the top of the page to press play on the video and watch it.
- Using Active Viewing Guide 6.1, take notes on the video.
- Bring your notes from the video to Session 6.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality