HW 5.5 Writing Instruction for ELLs (Wright)
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Acquire and employ knowledge of language as a system and the ways in which languages are different and similar.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 6
Teachers can discuss and prepare to apply information on writing instruction to their unit plans.
Teachers have studied the ELL writing development and process writing. They will now read about ELL writing instruction.
- Read part of Wright Chapter 9, 222-248 (2nd Edition), pp. 233-258 (3rd Edition)
- Use the graphic organizer to record key ideas and supporting details.
- Reflect on how you instruct writing currently and answer the following questions based on the reading. Record your answers on the advanced graphic organizer.
- How might you implement writing instruction differently considering second language learners?
- How would this benefit all learners?
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality