HW 6.2 Planning for Teaching Writing in My Unit
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Use knowledge and skills to construct learning environments that support development of English language proficiency.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 7
Teachers can revise their Unit Plan in relationship to writing instruction.
Students have learned about good writing instruction, connecting reading to writing, creating authentic writing opportunities, and process writing and writer's workshops. They are now positioned to revise their unit, attending to writing instruction.
- For this assignment, you will work on revising your unit plan, attending to how you will teach or support students in the writing instruction necessary for understanding the content in your unit.
- The following experiences and documents will support your decisions about attending to reading:
- The Unit you are revising.
- Literacy Profiles for 2 ELs (HW 3.2)
- Notes from AVG 6.1 (HW 5.3)
- Notes from the example of process writing video (HW 5.4)
- Notes from Wright Chapter 9 (HW 5.5)
- Session 6 Key Ideas worksheet
- Use the Session 6 Key Ideas worksheet to revise your unit plan and list of lessons.
- Develop the documents and activities you will use to support the writing activities of your students generally and the 2 ELs you are focusing on specifically.
- Keep track of the changes you make in your plan and the basis for your revisions and accommodations. (You will use these notes in session 7 when you create the document that reports your revisions and your reasoning behind them).
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality