HW 2.4 Models and Systems
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Teachers will read and learn about models and programs to serve ELLs.Teachers will synthesize their understanding of models and programs toserve ELLs.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 3
Teachers will clarify their understanding of the terms used to identify and describe models and programs which exist to serve ELLs.
Teachers have readabout programs and models that exist to serve ELLs. They are now prepared to read definitions of programs and models and compare terms and titles.
- Read through the definitions of major programs and models provided in HW 2.3.
- Use this document to create a list of terms from this page which match the terms and definitions given in Wright, chapter 5.
- On the same document, now create a list of terms from this page which differ in title or definition from those given in Wright, chapter 5.
- Then answer the question: How does one’s understanding of terms and definitions help/hinder a teacher’s ability to work effectively with ELLs?
- Submit this document in Session 3.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality