HW 2.6 Learning about L2 Learners
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Employ theories of acquisition of a primary and new language in instruction.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 7
Teachers can solidify theirunderstanding of acquiring a second language in this inter-view. They will learn from the stories told by this learner and apply this knowledge to the students they teach.
Students are learning about how a second language is acquired. They will findan adult who was a second language learner when they arrived in America. They will interview this person about the experience they had and what helped them to learn English
- Identify an adult friend or acquaintance who was formerly an ELL.
- This activity asks you to contact a person who was an English language learner, prepare questions, conduct an interview, and plan a brief presentation of no more than 3 minutes. Refer to the interview sample questions sheet that the facilitator will hand out to you.
- Interview presentations will be given during Session 7.
- Turn in the name of the person you will interview.
- This is an assignment you have been given as the course begins to allow you time to find the person to interview, conduct theinterview, prepare a short presentation, and present to a group in session 7.