HW 3.1 Applying My Learning
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Teachers learnknowledge and skills to construct learning environments that support development of English language proficiency: Literacy, academic, and cognitive development.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 4
Teachers will reflect on their new understandings and synthesize these with their current and future practice.
Teacherswill have learned about programs and practices that exist to serve English language learners. They are now prepared to reflect on their practice and set goals for implementation of new understandings.
- Continue the online reflection journal (e.g. in Google Docs), which you created last week.
- Review your implementation goal from last week.
- What was the impact of your action upon your teaching and your students’ learning?
- Write a response for each reflection question below:
- In what way(s) did my understanding deepen, enlarge, or undergo change?
- What will I purposefully keep the same in my practice due to my new understanding?
- What will I intentionally change in my practice due to my new understanding?
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality