HW 3.3 Input: Teacher Work
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Acquire and employ knowledge of language as a system and the ways in which languages are different and similar.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 4
Teachers who understand their role in providing appropriate input for students are prepared to increase their skills for providing quality input for EL students.
Students have discussed the importance of input in assisting ELs in acquiring English. They will now watch a video segment, taking notes on the sheet provided to prepare themselves to understand teacher work in input.
- Go to https://education.byu.edu/tell. Under the materials tab,select “In-Class video segments” and “TELL 410: Understanding Language Acquisition.” In the left hand column, you can select the session. This will change the content of the right-hand column. Then you can select the video segment you need to see.
- Scroll up to the top of the page to start the video stream.
- Students will watch the video segment provided in the materials regarding the role of the teacher for input.
- They will take notes on the sheet entitled, ‘VS 5.1 response sheet.
- Bring these notes with you to session 4 to assist you in discussing teacher work for input.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality