Now that your planning stage is complete, you can begin writing your draft. Remember to think about the characteristics of good writing. Your writing should be organized, developed, accurate, and original.
1 Exercise: Write a body paragraph
Use the topic sentence and quotes to write a developed body paragraph.
- TS: Deep breathing is an excellent autoregulation tool to help immediately reverse the effects of the body's stress response.
- Quote: "When the stress response is activated, breathing becomes faster to deliver more oxygen to your muscles" (Scholastic, 2017).
- Quote: "Slow breathing in a regular pattern can relax your body" (Harvard School of Medicine, 2011).
2 Exercise: Write a body paragraph
The following quotes are about the importance of time management in reducing stress. Use the quotations to create a body paragraph that could have been used in the example essay at the beginning of this chapter.
- "Effective time management can have a great buffering effect on stress and may be related to overall life satisfaction for college students" (Misra & McKean, 2000, p. 41).
- "A number of studies now indicate unequivocally that procrastination is related to higher levels of stress across both student and community adult samples" (Sirois, p. 69).