In addition to the default analytics provided for each chapter, each book author may also set up Google Analytics to track information about page visits and users of the book.
To do this, perform the following steps:
- Create a free user account at Google Analytics;
- Create an Account and Property for your book;
- Assign the Property with the URL of your book (e.g., https://edtechbooks.org/lidtfoundations);
- In your Property settings, find your Tracking ID in the tracking code (e.g., UA-XXXXXXXX-X);
- Copy this Tracking ID, and paste it into the Google Analytics ID field while editing your book;
- Save your book.
After completing these steps, you should be able to access the Google Analytics dashboard for your book and see any active users.
For further help setting up and using Google Analytics (i.e., steps 1-4), please consult the Google Analytics documentation for developers.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality